Monday, March 5, 2012

So So Sunday

Yesterday seemed to start off ok, no one had any trouble in the morning so we got up & headed out to church. All went well and we had another nice bland meal for lunch! We took the rest of the afternoon easy and I caught some more of my online workshop and was enthralled at this chick's speed at editing and the images she's able to create. wow. I've got one volunteer to try out this style of portraiture already and can't wait for her shoot! I may be looking for more testers, look out, I may be coming after you! :)))

Despite our incredible germiness and questionable state of health, Grammie & Grandad weren't willing to pass up our Sunday dinner plans so we headed their way and tried not to breathe on them too much. 

When we arrived, Baby Pinecone was breaking a trail for Max that went around the house. He needed some assistance in getting it packed down nicely so we all did a few laps and voila, instant smooth trail!

As a rare occurrence, everyone ate their supper and qualified for the dessert round! I think that was the first desert I'd braved in a few days but it didn't cause any damage so I guess I'm pretty much recovered. We'll see how long my new snackless habit lasts now that food doesn't instantly give me nausea at the thought of it. I've only snacked once in the evening in over a week so that must be some kind of record!

On the way home, we stopped in to check out Grandad's curling game but could only stay for one end since it was getting late. We got home, got everyone tucked in and then, close to midnight, the yelling started. Honey had unloaded what appeared to be about three times what she'd eaten at dinner, all over her bed. Soooooo the flu's not entirely gone from our house yet. She had a lot to holler about and her bed was in no shape to return to and that was not an acceptable state of affairs for Her Royal Spewiness! Finally I gave her a blanket and she fell asleep on the bathmat. While waiting for her to conk out, I covered the couch in a waterproof sheet, put sheets on top and when she was out of it, I transferred her over and covered her up & hoped she wouldn't notice til morning! (it worked btw, whew!)











No comments: