Sunday, November 24, 2013

Rocky Mountain Getaway!

This year my photography friends had trouble planning our weekend getaway. We wanted people to come to Canada and meet in Banff. Many of them didn't have passports and were put off by the idea of having to get one, and then when they looked at the cost of airfare to get up here, interest dropped off quite a bit and the trip didn't come together this spring. A few of us still wanted to get together so 4 of us met up out west and went to Banff and toured the mountains!

It was a long trip and required more time away from home than previous years but it was so much fun! Murray had a marathon while I was gone and had to arrange some childcare at the race location but it turned out his family was still at the cottage which wasn't far from the race! I'd put up some meals and desserts before I left so that helped a bit and they managed to hold down the fort while I was gone.

It was great to see my friends again although we didn't plan any practice sessions or workshops this year. I kindof missed that part as it's so much easier for me to learn by watching others do stuff than reading about it in a manual or in an online post. Hopefully next year there will be more interest and participation. Luckily I already have a passport and don't have to leap that hurdle! haha!

Many thanks to my inlaws for giving me the points and funds to book the trip through Aeroplan!




Sending  home love notes to my girls from the mountains!

Me, Rhonda, rainbows and photobombers!

Jenny & I
Krista & I in the gondola on the way up the mountain.

That's a LOT of chocolate!
Krista and Rhonda purchased "murtles" the size of their heads!
Rhonda set up our own mini bar in her guestroom for us!
Heading out for dinner at The Melting Pot (to die for!!!)
Waiting for our table.
Cooking up some deliciousness!
Got to to out to lunch with my hip Upper Canadian cousin during my layover.

My welcome home committee at the airport. Home sweet home!
 It was longer than I liked to be away but I had a great time. My late night connections meant I had to stay an extra night each way so I was glad to get back my peeps!

No comments: