Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Shattered Things

In 1999 Murray and I went on a trip to Mexico since we hadn't gone far for our honeymoon. While there, the hotel had a little "paint your own Mexican jar" station and my friend Aime and I each made one. It has housed our QTips in the bathroom ever since. That is, it did until one fateful night! I'm not sure what happened but when I followed the source of the screaming sobs, I found the jar smashed in the sink and Honey extremely upset and Sweetie nonchalantly brushing her teeth. Sweetie has an unfortunate habit of being rough with things, using things for other than what they're intended for and well, a lot of stuff seems to happen on Sweetie's watch. She'd already done something to chip the jar on another night so I assumed she'd dropped it and poor Honey was empathizing with my loss. I told them it was late and not to worry about it, it was old and not expensive or anything. Honey cried harder and harder and finally I realized she had broken it. Still the same message but it bothered her a lot when I threw the pieces away.

Tonight I found this on my nighstand. She'd scrounged up one of the shards and turned it into a pendant and put it on a necklace for me! I couldn't get over how she'd done this all on her own and how thoughtful it was!

Note says: I'm really sorry. I know you said it was ok but I made this for you anyway. I heart U

That's my Honey Bunny!

No comments: