Friday, February 28, 2014

Performers

Show time again for the school choir! They performed their sixties medley a few times last year and we got good mileage out of that pencil skirt we hacked together! Unfortunately it doesn't fit Lovey anymore and we had to go with plan B. MY poodle skirt from high school. I don't think it's actual 60's garb but several other girls had them and my affinity with sewing has not increased and this was ready made! My Grammie made it for me and I loooooooooooooooooove it still. Not many occasions to wear it even if it wasn't a wee bit bursting at them snug. We had to roll the waistband a bit for her but other than that it was great and she thought she was the bees knees! Honey was happy with her capris and blouse from last year and didn't want to change anything. (dodged a bullet there I tell you!)

Their group is huge! I swear their teacher is part Pied Piper! I can't believe the amount of students she gets participating. They're excited for every practice. It's much easier to get them out of bed on a choir practice day. The same teacher has started a drama club for their grade and they're going to be putting on a play of Wizard of Oz. Between choir and drama and band, I'm not sure how much outdoor recess Honey & Lovey get. It seems they have an activity every day. Sweetie has joined the dance club but other than that her only interest is her gymnastics so she plays outside for her recesses!

No comments: