Monday, April 28, 2014

Fairies, Sparkle, Dance!

 This year's dance show theme was Peter Pan and it was wonderful! They had so many extra practices, extended classes that made for a great show! I'd say it was the best one yet. They put a lot of work into their story, adding lots of Irish twists and making everything flow well together. The costumes were top notch (especially that purple sparkly custom made one!) and the window prop was awesome! Honey's not too sure about continuing with Irish Dance in the fall so I'm glad she had a really great show to finish on if she doesn't go back.

She got her hair washed early in the morning so we could dry and curl it before dress rehearsal and got all our glitter gear on and headed to the theatre. Since she might not do another, I got all my shooting done during the rehearsal and got a sneak preview of the show. I realized at the actual show, just how much of the story and detail that I missed while running all over the theatre to get shots. Watching something through the lens is not the same as actually sitting and watching! So glad I got to do both!

Grammie & Grandad came for the big day but we had to scoot home quickly afterwards to get the birthday party started! Grammie made all the fairy wings and everyone appreciated her efforts since most of us are not sewing inclined! For my part, I made all the hair ties. And by "made" I totally mean "cut a piece of cloth into strips". Hey, everybody's got to do their part right???








No comments: