Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


Funny how having 3 kids suddenly turns this whole Mother's Day thing right around! I used to sit in church & listen to the minister as he congratulated the mothers & would talk about motherhood and just sit there trying not to cry. These days I can sit & enjoy all that but I keep in mind that not everyone is as lucky as us. So when your kids are giving you goofy gifts or serving you questionable breakfast in bed, remember there are many many people who'd love to be in your shoes!


I had a very nice weekend with not one, but TWO sleep ins! Murray even wrote an entry for me for the newspaper "Mother of The Year" contest. Even if I didn't win, it was nice that he thinks I deserve to! He forgot to bring his entry home but he said I could see it tomorrow.


Today after church we all went out for lunch but it took quite awhile for the food to come & Sweetie got overhungry & this sends her into an unreasonable state so even when her pancakes were ready & waiting, she still wouldn't eat. Eventually she calmed down enough to get some in and that helped improve her disposition quite a bit!


After lunch we came home and tried to get a family photo outside but I didn't have the positioning lined up quite right so poor Sweetie got cut off a bit. The rest were spaced better though.

We also got to celebrate with my mum at suppertime and had a nice bbq with the whole family although we didn't see a whole lot of my brother Dale! He seemed to get trapped by the couch and never made it back out before we had to go.

Happy Mother's Day to all our mum's!

No comments: