Saturday, May 19, 2007

The ongoing flu saga...


Attention Princess Pamela: these dresses are still near & dear to their hearts, starting to get a little snug but they wore them all day yesterday! Sweetie was enjoying a twirl here.




Lovey spent the entire morning yesterday in the LaZBoy 8-noon straight.




The afternoon went well & the nap seemed to have done wonders for Lovey.


Art in progress!


Sweetie called my mum yesterday and said "you better not come today Grammie, we're sick" and although it had been an incredibly long, tiring, messy week, she was right, no one needs this flu! The day went better than I anticipated considering it started off with synchronized screaming at breakfast time. Not a great beginning! Lovey had been up a lot in the night, sick again and after eating a piece of toast, fell asleep in the rocker and stayed there til lunch time. With her out of commission, there were only 2 girls to contend with & they were in good humour and played nicely. We all crawled in my bed & read books for awhile. After lunch, Lovey was awake and looking much better. I got them to create some new artwork for our wall and the rest of the day was fine & I thought we'd kicked this nasty bug.

When will I learn not to be over confident???? No sooner had I left a voicemail & phoned Murray's parents to tell them of this health breakthrough, than I heard Sweetie. Puke-o-rama. I was so sure we were done with that! the bed was a write off, Sarah had to go in the washer which was very traumatic for Sweetie who can't stand to be separated from her bunny! I got her cleaned up and changed & tucked into the rocking chair while I changed the bedding, put the old sheets in to rinse. Her stomach bothered her all night though because I was up with her many times but luckily there weren't any more messes.

At 7am I could hear someone talking but I couldn't budge & told Murray he was on duty. He's coming down with a bad cold & was so tired he never stirred once when Sweetie and the others were crying. I thought it'd be better for him to get some rest so I let him sleep through the night but come morning, all bets were off. MY TURN! At 9am I could hear what I can only assume was a tribe of rabid banshees invading the bathroom, the kitchen, the hallway... but when I came out of the bedroom there were just 3 little girls left behind.... strangely, Murray didn't seem to be enjoying his 'quality time' with them.

Apparently Sweetie's stomach must have been very empty. Murray said she was standing in her seat, crying and screaming in pain as diarrhea ran down her leg and pooled at her feet, all the while shoving her peanut butter toast in her mouth. She was too hungry to leave her food, despite her uncomfortable situation! That girl does like to eat.

It seemed to be one thing after another today as demands & irrational tantrums were thrown at us left right & centre. It got harder & harder to remember that they're not feeling well and are not intentionally trying to push us over the edge! I decided that after my long week with them every day, I was getting the heck out of there & going for groceries. However, Murray looked like he was suffering pretty badly so I took pity on him & decided to take one of the kids with me. Honey & I got new craft materials at the dollar store, hand puppets & sparkly bracelets for everyone & took care of the food shopping. She quite enjoyed the outing and was happy to show her sisters what she'd gotten them while we were out.

Everyone's asleep now but hard to say for how long.........