Monday, November 12, 2007

Just when I think I'm getting somewhere...

So I've been practicing my photoshop editing, thinking I'm really catching on. I had a question for Shooter Shelley so I phoned her on the weekend & we chatted about monitor calibration software & I got her recommendations etc. She suggested I send her some of my recent efforts as I hadn't shown her anything in awhile. I know she's swamped with proofing lately (those weddings I helped her with in Aug still aren't ready to show the brides and lots of other sessions waiting too) so I hadn't bothered her with any of my little snapshots for awhile.


Since she left herself wide open with that suggestion, I couldn't resist. So I sent her this one:

plus my edited version which I thought I'd done a pretty good job on the eye pop and boosting colour etc:

She took the time to look at them AND then played with my SOOC to show me what she would have done (which I'd hoped she'd do but hadn't wanted to ask her):

So although she can obviously wipe the floor with me, I thought it was encouraging that my image was good enough to start with that she could turn into THIS. If it was total crap, she wouldn't have been able to do anything with it. She also sent screen captures with pointers and explanations of what she was doing & what tools she did it with etc. I don't think I could quite recreate it, but it helped me understand!

No comments: