Saturday, November 17, 2007

Kid Free!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe it's not nice to put so many exclamation points on that but since it's a very temporary state, I think it's ok. :))

Mum phoned me the other day and said that since she's on vacation this week, she thought she'd have a sleepover with ALL THREE girls! I tried (well, not very hard really) to talk her out of it but she was all gung ho. Far be it from me to deprive her & GranGrad of their grandchildren!

This morning I packed them up & drove them to M&D's and had lunch with them there and then hit the road! They didn't seem to worried about staying there so I didn't worry about leaving them! They're in very experienced & good hands. Mum had lots of things planned for them and the girls had a few ideas of what they wanted to do so they should be able to put the time in without much trouble. The girls wanted to play with the babies, watch a movie, draw pictures, go out and run around on the deck, maybe go for a walk to see the stream... and Mum had gotten some kind of crafty project for them and I hear there's Dora cereal for breakfast in the morning!

I came home, giddy at the thought of being alone & duty free.... and found a carpenter in my driveway! Woohoo! We got cement today & I think walls & a floor tomorrow!!

Tonight Murray & I went out for supper and had some yummy Chinese food & then went to look at windows, doors & flooring. The first part he enjoyed, the second part was merely tolerated. ; )))

Murray had some bad news this week, his Christian Hockey League team fell apart & folded. They'd defaulted on the last few games. Some of their guys had moved away, some had gone back to a team they'd belonged to previously that had become active again etc. and there just weren't enough players coming out for the games. He was a little upset about that but within a day, another team had snapped him up and today another team was after him. Defencemen of his caliber are quite valuable it seems! Even better news, the money he'd already paid to the first team is going to cover what he needs for the 2nd team. He was pretty sure that the first payment would just disappear & he'd have to pay the full amount to the 2nd team too. (you can imagine what I thought of that idea!!!!!!!!)

While Murray was at hockey, I worked away on getting this blog up to date so I wouldn't start getting any hate mail! This week was a little busy with something going on every night. Tues I had the multiples meeting, Wed was my Captivating course, Thurs night was choir... Most nights I just came home, checked email or curled up on the couch for a bit and then went to bed. In fact, I think that's where I'm headed now & I'm going to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep as hard as I can for as long as I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Dublee said...

Holy Cow!! The milk hogs are here.
Next time they come I'm renting the neighbours cow.

These kids love sleepovers so much that they were asking to go to bed at 2 in the afternoon. We held them off till 7:30 and they were asleep by 8.

Everybody was up early this morning for some Dora cereal and fresh pineapple.

Unknown said...

Your girls are absolutely darling. I was just catching up!

Happy kid free morning! I hope you slept late!! :)

Take care,
Kara

Anonymous said...

We're lucky you used your limited free time to catch up on the blog!
Thanks for letting us share in your lives.
Teen