Saturday, November 24, 2007

Toddler Chat II

no big story here, just a few more little gems heard around here lately!

Honey isn't crazy about a lot of the meals served around here so I try to think of ways to make things more appealing. One day I cut up apples & gave them all some yoghurt. She was eating the yoghurt but not touching the fruit. (hmmm did I tell this one already?) So I thought I'd make a suggestion.

Me: Honey, do you want to dip your apples in the yoghurt???

Honey: (without batting an eye & very matter of fact & scornful) Of COURSE not!

different day, but also food related-

Me: Honey, are you going to eat your lunch?

Honey: (short & sweet & immediate) nnnnOPE! (right. what was I thinking???)

This morning I was putting a ponytail in Sweetie's hair.

Sweetie: Mummy, I want it like a drop of water! (what the heck does THAT look like anyway?)

No comments: