Friday, November 23, 2007

very last minute...


It was just about bedtime when I had an "oh crap!" moment when I realized I hadn't taken any pictures today and had NOTHING for the blog. So I grabbed my camera and got a few shots of them winding down in preparation for bedtime. We find it helpful to get them to run laps around the living room, climb the walls and swing from the chandelier! I've been out a lot in the evenings this week (to the movies, to Captivating, to choir etc) and apparently they've figured out that while Murray's gathering pj's, water cups and toothbrushes, they have FREE REIGN and he can't do a darn thing about it so for 5 minutes they go bananas. I was downstairs checking email when I heard the whooping and thumping coming from above. Lovey was running in circles and saying "did you get my picture Mumma? Let me see!"

Not that you can tell in these pictures, but they cleaned the living room twice today & put away their toys & I vacuumed. But from the looks of Honey's socks above, we are sorely needing to shampoo the carpets. Those were clean this morning! Yikes!

Today started off a little rough, Sweetie had a nightmare about a man trying to get her around 6am so Murray brought her in with us because we were totally NOT ready to get up yet. Sweetie on the other hand must have had a real adrenylin rush because she wasn't sleepy at all. She talked to Bunny, sang a bit, tried to talk to us, wiggled around, turned over, tried to snuggle in to my back, adjusted the covers and after half an hour of this she says "I'm hungry, I want breakfast!" Too bad kid, kitchen's closed til at least 7am. She ponders this for awhile then runs through her little routine again and again. I'm so tired that I'm actually able to drift along half asleep through all this but still awake enough to give her a "settle down or you're going back in your own bed" every once in awhile. Eventually she asked to go back to her own bed so I jumped at that. As I was leaving her room she said "my bed's better actually, yours is too hot". Yeah having EXTRA people in there tends to make it a little crowded and warm. hooh boy!

Around 7:30am Murray got up to get ready for work and she went with him into the kitchen so she could eat but she didn't care for the way he was doing stuff & to quote Murray "she was pissy about everything" and when he wasn't able to get her ponytail "just so" she started freaking out and asking for me & by that point Murray was not in the least discinclined to acquiesce to her request! (that's for you Papacita!) I was of course, thrilled to see her back again but she settled down after a couple of minutes, just long enough to bring me fully awake. I got up and she was snoozing away, comfy and warm (but not toooooo warm!). When I got out to the kitchen & told Murray the latest development he was incensed! "Go wake her UP!" Screw that, why on earth would I want to have breakfast with that little hellcat? So the little darling slept in til NINE O'FREAKING clock. This is the sort of behaviour that explains how she came by her nickname ; )))

Today was sooooooo cold! I thought we'd go outside and play for awhile until Mum got here (Friday, woohoo!) but I only lasted 20 minutes! It was zero degrees and with a good strong wind, brrrrrrrrr. I had to work pretty hard to get them all to the bathroom, get warm clothes on, find all the mitts so they could double up and grit my teeth through more than one freak out only to turn around & come right back in. I hate it when I spend more time getting them ready than we actually do outdoors....

I broke a filter on my camera a couple weeks ago (just a protective thing, no major damage). I phoned the camera store downtown to ask if they had the proper sized replacement. I hate calling them for anything, they always seem to be snotty... but I phoned anyway.

Store: Hello?

Me: do you have a blah blah blah

Store: oh yeah we have those in

Me: could you tell me a price for that?

Store: welll, I'd have to walk clear across the store...

Oh well then, for heaven's sake don't get up on my account! Listen asshole, I've seen your store, it's about the size of my rec room, it's not the freakin' Walmart!!!!!! Man! do I HATE poor customer service. I've NEVER talked to any client like that EVER and it really irks me when this stuff happens. (ok, rant officially over. Thanks, that felt better) and just out of spite, I'm going to buy one off Ebay which hadn't even occurred to me til he made me mad!

No comments: