Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Got our first major snowfall this week! Sweetie phoned her Grammie that morning and asked "does it look like CHRISTMAS at YOUR house????" They've been very keen to play out in in the fluffy white stuff. An igloo is in progress and we've been making trails all over the field.




Yesterday, I was digging a hole, minding my own business while they wokred on their igloo. Lovey saw what I was doing and told me not to do that. I decided she wasn't the boss of me and kept working away. She looked at me and said "Mumma, if you do that, I'm NOT going to play with you anymore!" She's a tough negotiator!




Although they can still get their feet into last year's boots, I think they need new ones that are taller or snowsuits that are longer maybe... The pant legs keep riding up over the short boot & they fill up with snow. The first day we were out there awhile before I noticed the strip of bare skin peeking out and boy was it red! Since then I've been tucking their pants into their socks before putting the skipants on so that the bares skin doesnt' get exposed. At the fall clothing sale, I found a wonderful Columbia one piece snowsuit, it's really lightweight, not all that bulk and they can jump into it themselves and zip up, leaving me one less to dress! BUT this one is the worst offender for not staying down. Is that just the way it is with a one piece? everytime they lift their arms, the legs come up? if I had a larger size, would that solve the problem? I have a feeling these aren't cheap suits but they are nice & so much easier for them to move around in & get in and out of. It'd probably be cheaper just to buy new boots though so maybe I'll try that first : )))




No comments: