Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday Highlight!!!!







Although the housework thing was a bit of a bummer today, there was something good going on here! Teena & Boo came to visit!!! The girls were just about jumping out of their skin when they saw the car pull in. They were instantly wound into a shrieking, spinning, dancing tizzy. They were so excited, they didn't know what to do, they ran up & down the hall squealing the news that Teena & Boo were here, the car was here, hurray, wheeeee etc They zipped from window to window trying to get a peek of her getting out of the car. It reminded me of when the Queen comes to visit (well not here here of course!) and everyone jostles for position, trying to get the best view of the arrival.



For one reason or another, Teena & I got out of our usual Monday visiting routine and I have definitely missed it! The girls all play pretty well together now, the occasional squabble over a toy but definitely better than it used to be. Teena commented today "remember when they were 8 months old & we used to say 'wait til they can just run around and play together'.. well, we're HERE!!!!!!!" Soooooo true! Sometimes we got together just for our own sakes back then, how much socialization does an 8 month old need anyway?? It was a great comfort for me at the time, to just have here there to commiserate with a glance, since we couldn't really talk over the crying & fussing of all those babies. I remember many times saying 'whaaaaaat???? I can't HEAR you!" and she was almost sitting right next to me! So now we can sit back, relax, eat bon bons and chat while the children play happily in my neat & tidy house (well I can dream a bit can't I???)


The girls kept pretty busy playing for awhile but about every 3 minutes, Honey would come ask if it was time to go out to play in the snow yet. After a snack (thanks Teena!) and a bit more play time, we finally decided to venture out. They made snow angels, they played tag, they went on the swings & slide & had an overall great time out in our new winter wonderland.



It's such a process to get them ready to go out but once we get there, we all enjoy it. Boo was having such a great time that she had a hard time leaving. "I'm not DONE PLAYING yet!!!!!!!" were her exact words I think. Very flattering when kids freak out because they don't want to leave your place! I take that as high praise, although it's probably her 3 little friends that are the real draw.



How neat is it for them to have someone that they're going to know their whole lives (assuming Teena & I don't break up of course!), that they've known from birth??? They will never remember a time that they didn't know Boo, she'll just always have been there! I'm sure there will be upsets over the years, girlfriends are tricky business! But hopefully they'll have some great stories & memories along the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kel, that's so nice! I hope you know that the feeling is mutual. I love that Anna has so much fun playing with the girls, but it's your friendship that makes me feel better, and keeps me coming back! Thanks for being such a great friend.
Teena