Monday, December 3, 2007

It looks like somebody THREW UP in here!

ahhhhhh childhood memories! wait. what do you mean you've never heard that before? Your mother didn't tell you this on a regular basis?????? My parents are neat & tidy people, they like things orderly, dust & clutter free. Three cataglogues piled onto the buffet was enough to prompt the above quote from my mum. I distinctly remember my father forcing me as a teenager to reorganize the inside of a cupboard that I had in my bedroom that was apparently in enough of a state to cause him great distress. So as you can see, I wasn't raised to live in a pig sty! I don't enjoy mess & disorder, it just seems to follow me everywhere! Today I got three loads of washing & drying done (done, but not put away mind you), cleaned the upstairs bathroom, baked a banana bread and a coffee cake. The living room is still somewhat orderly from my cleaning fit & carpet shampooing session last week. The rest of the place had clearly gone to he!! in a handbasket. How does this happen?????? I'll tell you how, between all 6 other beings that inhabit this house with me, I figure at least 4 of them are working against me at any given time. : ))))

The girls like to change their clothes at least 2 or 3 times a day EACH. And they don't bother to put in a request, they just run into their room, fling open the closet door, reef with all their 36-38lbs of might on the garment on the hanger, hoping against all hope that it will snap under pressure. They manage to free the desired item from it's plastic prison about 95% of the time, discard the hanger & boring 2 hr old outfit, scatter all pieces of it to the four corners of the earth and be back out to play in about 30 seconds flat. They're like freaking wardrobe Houdinis. I turn my head for a few seconds and their clothes are completely different...

I manage to make headway in one area of the house and then as soon as I walk into another room, I'm totally disgusted. One night Murray & I spent close to 2 hours each, siding things up, putting away toys, gathering laundry etc with almost no noticeable improvement. I'm considering re joining Fly Lady but the last time I did it I got really annoyed. If she'd told me one more time to shine my sinks I thought I was going to track her down and shine HER. (to the MOON!).

Anyway, that's my rant for today! : ))) and if you come over and the place is a disaster, it's not my parents' fault. They did teach me better than that and can't be held responsible.

No comments: