Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our New Pet!


We were out a fair amount yesterday, the usual Wednesday line up, playgroup & gymnastics. Then we made a little trip to the grocery store before coming home. Since they hadn't seen their toys all day, they were content to play with those til supper time. While Murray played with them and read stories etc, I started hauling everything out of the livingroom, those carpets were getting cleaned! Ever since Honey's dirty sock picture, I've been meaning to get to it and last night was the night.


Man! do we EVER have a lot of stuff in that room. It took quite awhile to get down to the floor before I could even get started. Ack! It was tricky to jam everything in to the kitchen so I could get at the carpet. It took much longer than I thought. I set it to heavy shampoo and gave it a going over. I was totally disgusted when I dumped out all the black water. Then I set it to rinse & went over it again. STILL verrry dark water. I did it 2 more times before the water didn't look like it had been taken directly out of a swamp. It smelled so fresh and clean in there, it was wonderful. It was worth the hours of work to see it looking so good.Suppose it'll stay clean long?? Don't bother answering that, because at 8:55am, Sweetie decided to take her leftover breakfast milk in there and sure enough, oopsie! Clean carpet, oh so fleeting... This is why it would be rather pointless to get new carpet any time soon I guess....



Surprise! we have a new pet at our place! a definite surprise as I only found out about it this afternoon myself. His name is Jimmy, or maybe it's a her, I'm not sure yet. It's definitely an outdoor pet, we don't need any more in here, that's for sure! Luckily it's the self sufficient kind and we won't need to buy food for it & vet bills won't be an issue. They even built him/her a little shelter so he/she'll have protection from the elements. I'm curious how they picked the name though, maybe a cartoon on tv?



Anyway, I got a picture of Jimmy in his little house so everyone can meet the newest member of the family.


She/he is a little hard to see under all those sticks & leaves and what with him being a rock & all! : )))


Sweetie: this is how we smile at monkeys

(we talked once about how monkeys don't like it if they see your teeth, so the girls have been practicing smiling without opening their mouths ever since. Very important in our primate infested neighbourhood, matter of life & death...)

one Honey of a smile!




playing with Murphy

quickest way to get your kids to pose in a picture? TRY and take one without them in it! I thougth I'd practice some depth of field on this nice, non moving object when someone decided that just wouldn't do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the same thing happened to me! I shampoo'd the carpets last week, the next day it rained, and both Dale (who knows better) and Frank the puppy (who doesn't) walked across my sparkling carpet with muddy feet!! Ack! I figure there's no point in replacing anything for at least 3 more years.
Great job with the tweezers Dr. Mom, and have fun on your shopping excursion this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I keep forgetting to leave my name!
Teena