Sunday, November 25, 2007

Adventures in Churching

Lovey woke up and had some toilet challenging predicaments beyond her control so I thought it best for her to stay home from church today. Murray's been feeling under the weather all week with an impending cold & sore throat and has been exhausted so he slept til 9:30 this morning. I got everyone dressed & then I took Honey & Sweetie to church on my own.

That's not so bad? What's hard about that??? I'm in the choir remember? no kids sit up there! (well Lovey did sneak in once but I think that was a first & only under extreme circumstances) So Uncle Ralph & I found my cousin Clara & put her on the job. Those 3 girls did great! I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to sit over in the choir before one of my girls had a hissy fit but it never happened. They sat quietly and Clara kept them busy drawing on a piece of paper and at Children's Time, she took them out with the other little kids & sent them off to Sunday School without incident. I was so amazed & so proud of all of them! I made sure to tell them what super duper good girls they were (I don't think I used "super duper good" with Clara, but something teenager-ish to that effect!) and how impressed I was with them. They were pretty pleased with themselves : )))

No comments: