Sunday, November 25, 2007

One Day, One Productive Lady!





This morning I went to Teena's and took some family photos for her. Even though I know Teena probably better than just about anybody on this earth, I still found it a little stressful. I'm just not quick at getting my lighting right & kept having to take test shot after test shot. Things were too dark or it was too reddish or too glare-ey. She has so much confidence in me that I feel I have to live up to! : ))) I think we got a few cute ones so hopefully they'll do. If not, we'll re-do it.

Even though I've been getting out a fair amount in the evenings, it still seems like I don't get stuff done except the bare essentials like bank deposits, pet food runs, grocery shopping etc. I've needed new underwear for...I don't know... a year maybe? I have 4 pairs that are decent and often have to do laundry just so I'll have something to put on in the morning! So today I decided was the day! and I am now the proud owner of 4 more pairs. So with the ones that were still decent, plus 4 new ones, I can go a whole week without doing a load of wash! (well, in theory!) I also got a little mirror for the bathroom so the girls can see when they brush their teeth, wash their face etc. They often climb up on the counter to look in ours which always seems a little precarious to me. I also got new wooden hangers for our new front entryway closets (on sale 50% off woohoo!). (sorry, no photo of either of those...)

Although this didn't necessarily NEED doing, I browsed holiday dresses for the girls and found the MOST beautiful things I've ever seen in a store (Princess Pamela Creations obviously not included here as they're a class unto themselves !) So I hemmed and hawed over those for longer than I'll admit in print but oh my heavens! Finally I decided that if I'd spent xx number of minutes looking at them, they MUST be worth bringing home. At least I hope so! These girls could be in a wedding in these & I think they will loooooooove them and have many hours of princess fun in them. I was quite excited to get home & show them to Murray but wasn't sure what he'd think of them, he's not really into clothes much... His comment?
"What's THIS? Baby PROM??????????"
He didn't care that they were a little on the pricey side (ummm ok, well a lot on the pricey side, $40!) and thinks they'll enjoy the heck out of those dresses. So I don't have to take them back (well except for the reject & the one that doesn't fit)

(was undecided on the sleeveless one so brought home the pink so I could choose)


I also went to the hardware store, got new light fixtures, a new doorknob, checked into siding options and got some picture hanging thingies that I needed for the mirror & my bulletin board at home. Although it's very unpatriotic, I have to say I think the service at the new hardware place is soooooooooooooo much better than the other place here. I am constantly greeted and offered help, I can't get over it! Today, I had a basketful & one box under my arm and a guy saw me and said that was too much to carry & he was getting me a cart. I told him it wasn't necessary since I was finished anyway & the box was light and I continued browsing. He went to the front of the store anyway, got me a cart & brought it all the way back to me! Are you supposed to tip retail staff?????


I'd gotten groceries the night before & forgotten to get Murray's precious jumbleberries and after I got home, the store called and told me I'd left my credit card there. So when I finished at Teena's, I picked that up got the berries & started running all the other errands. I'd wanted to stop in at the fabric store & look for some material for a better background than the tablecloth I currently use for portraits but I'd already been gone for 5 hours & I thought I'd better call it quits & head home. Maybe next week!


We decided to take the girls to the Santa Claus parade & it started at 5pm so we gave them a snack and dressed them in full winter gear & loaded into the car (still in the Mazda...). The kids had a blast, dancing around on the sidewalk, taking death defying leaps off the curb and waiting for the parade to start. Things got even better once the floats started coming by. They were excited to see each new thing, amazed with the marching bands etc, they ate many many candy canes (well not Honey, she doesn't care for them) and were thrilled to see ponies, dogs, majorettes and of course, the big guy himself! Getting home from the parade was a bit of a schmozzle though, it took quite awhile for the route to clear so we could get back on the highway, then Murray had to make a pit stop because he was about to explode so we took everyone in & got them some coffee (*wink*) & doughnuts to tide them over. We picked up pizza on the way home & had a verrrrrrrry late supper & put them to bed at 9pm!
They were soooooo excited to drink "coffee" just like Grammie. They kept giggling and saying "I need some more coffee please!" "oh! I drank all my coffee!" "mmmm I like my coffee"




After they went to bed I installed their new mirror, put up my bulletin board in the kitchen, downloaded my pictures from today & updated the blog. Am I good, or am I good??????? Comment below if you're in agreement ; ))))

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're good!

Dublee said...

Let me be the first to say that you are "the best" and we're quite proud of you.

P.S.
I went to post this message and Diane got one in ahead of me. She's good too!!!!!!!!
Maybe that's where you get it.

KelMur & Co. said...

Spoken like true parents! Thank you both! And yes, defiitely inherited from both sides. I come from good efficient stock : )))