Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My nose! the EYE! no, my NOSE!

You know your day's off to a good start when.....

Sweetie comes screaming into the kitchen "My nose!! owww!"

Me: what's wrong!?!

Sweetie: the eye!

Me: you poked your eye??

Sweetie: waaaaahhhhh! nohhhhhhhhhh Mumma, my nose, I put the eye in my nose waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Me: you put a googley eye up your nose?? (please tell me that's not what you really mean)

Sweetie: yessssssssss! ahhhhhhhhhhhhwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Me: let me see!

I'm hoping she's just confused and has just hurt her nose some other way. I take her into the bathroom & tip her back & peer in there. Yep, sure enough, lodged way up there is a bona fide googley eye. Ok so there it is. Now what? I try to reach it with tweezers but I can't grip it easily & don't want to inadvertently shove it further up there. We try getting her to blow her nose a bit but that's not doing anything. Then I get the saline drops and use the eyedropper with one hand to put some in while simultaneously pinning down the screaming & side to side thrashing 3 year old head attached to the flailing, kicking body with my other. (uh yeah, tricky is an understatement). Anyway, I get them in and wait a few minutes to let them work their magic. Then I get her to blow her nose again and this time it moves into tweezing range. Voila, one trip to the ER avoided by Supermom!

No comments: