Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas!


Lovey digging into her stocking, already having donned her shades in case of sudden glare...

With Murray on vacation, I should have lots of time to get this little blog updated right? Hah! that's what I thought! Silly me! It never fails that a window of opportunity opens and some time vacuum sucks it all up. Between the storms and colds, I'm not getting much accomplished around here! Lovey woke up last night a little after midnight, coughing and choking and crying and screaming from the sore throat. We finally got some medicine into her and got her calmed down around 1:30am & I collapsed into a deep sleep right away and stayed there til Honey woke up repeating Lovey's previous problems at SIX AM. Ugh. Murray was completely unconscious so I handled that one & got back to sleep around 7 or so and when the others started stirring, I assumed the zombie stance, too tired to budge! He took pity on me and got up and handled the morning routine until I forced myself to resurfac again around 10:30.

Honey's tearing into the biggest highlight at our house that day, their very own jewelry/music boxes! These have been a huge hit & now travel all over the house with them.

You can imagine my excitement to discover another snowfall had buried our driveway again, this time pretty much swallowing our car whole! I had to go to another window to be able to see any parts of it. Murray logged at least 5 hours shovelling today. I got the kids outside for a bit and took them for rides on the toboggan but after an hour, they'd had enough so Murray took them in & I got my exercise for the day as I finished one tiny section of the driveway & dug out our mailbox.
Dora foam soap! They each got a can of this last year & we finally finished off the last one a couple months ago & they said that Santa needed to bring them new ones. Luckily he paid attention!

I'd intended to give a recap of our holidays but I've only managed to upload some photos...

Kids didn't wake up any earlier than usual, still ate their breakfast before going down to see Santa's gifts. Opened everything, seemed to enjoy the ripping process more so than the "getting". They didn't really seem to care about what the gifts were, just wanted to tear paper. Could have saved lots of money by wrapping up empty boxes. Sweetie won the squealer award for her shriek of delight when she opened Uncle Dale's present....... stick on earrings! TWO PACKAGES even. I came second to her when I discovered what M&D had been hiding under the festive tablecloth... a custom made bench for our new entryway. Wooooooooohoooooooo!



Sweetie checking out her new earrings!


Shop til you drop. Now you can play at home.








No comments: