Sunday, January 6, 2008

Creepy Crawly Crafts








Since everyone's still sick with colds & Murray's been coughing like crazy all through the night & not getting much rest, we decided to stay home from church this morning. I thought I'd let him sleep in on his last day of vacation & forced myself with superhuman effort, to get up when Lovey started singing in her bed this morning. No one else was awake so she & I cuddled in the rocking chair for awhile. I told her how I used to do that with her when she was a baby and she was pretty fascinated. They all love hearing 'when you were a baby' stories and if you're not around to tell some, they'll just talk about it themselves sometimes. "I used to do that when I was a baby". To them that must seem like such a long time ago but it really wasn't!




With them being a little more cranky than usual and the weather being so cold the last few days, we'd been letting them watch a fair amount of tv/movies. They never seem to get enough. Sweetie will have an apoplectic fit if you turn the tv off, even if she's already watched 5 hours of it. I'm talking full out screaming, crying, writhing on the ground type of freak out here.




This morning they made the tv request pretty early in the day but as soon as I offered to get out their paints, they quicky opted for that. So craft time began. I decided to use up some egg cartons I'd been saving and we painted our caterpillars. and painted them, and painted them until they were dripping & oozing paint! Lovey wanted hers to look JUST LIKE the Hungry Little Caterpillar and she painstakingly worked on hers for ages. The other two had decorated theirs with stars & flowers etc and she was still dabbing away. They set theirs aside to dry and painted a picture and she was still fussing over her red paint. Finally she gave up the brush, added her decorations and was satisfied with her final result. They didn't dry in time to add the eyes and antennae so we'll finish that up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never - and I do mean *never* - done an art project with my kids. Never. I mean sometimes we get out the crayons or markers but... that's about it.

Love the horsie photos. :)

Kara