Thursday, January 10, 2008

Experiencing Technical Difficulties...

Horror of horrors! the computer is out of commission. I was editing some pictures last night when I heard a funny noise, sort of like a lightbulb popping when it burns out (first clue), I looked to see if I could see anything, then heard a sizzle & saw a little flash of light. None of this was looking or sounding too good. I'm immediately seized with "UH OH! there are LOTS of pictures on there that haven't been backed up ANYWHERE! inlcuding the mom who's waiting for her kids' bday photos....." Murray was out at hockey and unreachable until he got home at midnight. He immediately looked in to the problem & determined that the power supply failed and then caught on fire.... Everything else seems ok & he ordered a new power supply from BC so it could be delivered to the door within a week and save me the inconvenience of making a stop to pick one up anywhere. Hopefully it won't take a week because that would NOT be very convenient. I can use his laptop when he's at work or out for a run but in the evenings I don't think I'll be able to get him to part with it! Updates could be tricky for the next little while..... bear with me or go pick up my power supply : )))

oh and by the way, would the mother of the woman who drives a white minivan, please ask her to stop harrassing me and making wild accusations about me driving you out of the country while I'm walking on my own road, minding my own business? Thanks! ; )))))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi: I am finally back in the electronic world!!! One whole week with out a phone or laptop! Felt like I was on a desert island, Too long an explanation,but I,m soooooooo glad to be back. Have not even had a chance to chastise the harrassing one! Weather is great 75-82, but really have not had a chance to enjoy it yet. And I thought I was going to REST!!!! Glad to hear from all again and will try to keep in touch, Luv, Old Nan.