Thursday, January 17, 2008

Got the drop on them!


Ta Dah!!!!!!!!! aren't they beautiful? (the stands!!! forget about the kids for a minute!) They can be adjusted up to 10 or 12 feet tall and around 9 feet wide AND it all breaks down & fits inside its own little carrying case... it's almost TOO MUCH!!!!!!!)

Not sure how much money I'm saving by doing all my own photography though... LOL

My girls!!!!


Big excitement for me today! The backdrop stands I bought on ebay arrived! It was like Christmas again! and actually, it sortof was since I had returned some things that then made this purchase possible! Woohooo! The mailman chuckled when I started jumping up & down and clapping my hands when I saw him at the door with a large parcel!! Luckily I managed not to trip in my haste to get down the stairs!


still working on getting those sharp eyes but also some nice depth of field & I'm pretty happy with this shot!


I finished up my jobs in the kitchen & then HAD to set it up to test it out of course. The girls saw what I was doing and actually requested that I take pictures of them. I didn't think they'd actually sit still but I did get a few shots so that was an unexpected bonus.



and this is why real photographers recommend plain clothing, my eyes are drawn right to those stupid characters on her dress. But once I look up, my mummy heart just about melts when I see that face!

Earlier in the day we worked on some math & I drew 3 different numbers on their pages. They then coloured & decorated the page to their liking. Once they had it looking the way they wanted, they got a cup of beans (like baked beans but uncooked) and they had to count out the right number to go with each of the ones on their page. I helped them get the correct amount & counted with them but they did pretty well. Once they had the right amount in their pile, I put a blog of glue under that number & they stuck the beans in the "puddle". Murray's been drilling them on numbers with flashcards some evenings before bed. They already know all the letters in the alphabet & can name several things that go with that letter but we've horribly neglected numbers so now we're trying to rectify that!

is that a Honey of a smile or WHAT? : ))))

At breakfast this morning we were talking about things that they're good at & then I asked them what I was good at. Lovey said "cooking" and Honey said "loving your girls". How's that for heartwarming? I had to be nice to her all day! : )))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey comes up with another priceless quote.

It's always nice to get the day started with a chuckle.

Grangrad.

Anonymous said...

Those gals are going to be all "edgemacated" before time to go to school.Sweet pics, as usual. Warm and humid Fla. today. Cold front coming in for weekend!

Anonymous said...

Joanne asking for blog site--Am I allowed to tell her? -:)