Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just a plain ol' Tuesday













No major excitement here today. Kids seemed a bit aggravating at times today, must be the full moon! They were fine this morning, playing around happily, then they started fighting over lots of stuff & I decided to divert them by baking cookies. This took us to lunch & then we ate & I suggested going outside. They didn't immediately resist so I thought I was on to something. Ha! Foolish woman! Sweetie insisted on wearing a heavy zip up jacket over her Tshirt. This made it bulky under her snowsuit and immediately sent her into hysterics. I offered her a different sweater that wouldn't cause the same problem and tried to ignore the screaming. Then Honey got upset about something else and Lovey developped some problem or other and all 3 were crying about something at one point. I kept getting myself ready wondering just how illegal it would be to go for a walk by myself and leave them home!!! They noticed I seemed to be getting ready without them & decided to join me. We got outside & then it was all fine. The driveway was a bit slick from the rain so they mostly stayed on the snowbanks but not before Sweetie wiped out & banged her cheek. Niiiiiiiiiiiice. oh well, bruises add character don't you think?




They decided to try & climb the trees which didn't do much for the snowsuits but they had fun & winter's almost over (isn't it???? tell me it is!) and these suits aren't going to fit next winter so they might as well go out with a bang! :) Unfortunately when you scrape tree bark, it can flake off & fall in your eye which kept happening to them. I'm sure it was uncomfortable, probably even painful but oh man I wasn't in the mood for more screaming. I tried to find whatever was in there & got some bits out & couldn't see anything else but they could feel something! After a few episodes of this I knew I couldn't handle much more freaking out & suggested we go inside. Then Honey & Sweetie got upset about something else and the screaming started all over again. I brought Lovey inside & let them calm down out in what we like to call the "crying porch". Sometimes the pitch or decibel that they are hitting is just about enough to send me round the bend & a little distance & noise barrier never hurts. After a few minutes they gave up on the waterworks and were ready to come in. They got their stuff off & ran off to play, no problem.




Actually Sweetie is having a monster fit right this very moment. Screaming and crying up in her bedroom. The atrocity we've committed? She doesn't want her hair curly. It's 11:18pm!!! Like I'm going to get out the flat iron & hair gel?!? Well what initially set her off was that she had to pee. Murray took her to the bathroom & as soon as she sat down she screamed at him, NO PEEEEEEE! and then had the longest whiz in history while maintaining her screwdriver through the brain noise. This led to the problem with the curly hair and evolved into "I only want a sheet, not BLANKETS!"


Holy crap 11:28, screaming still full tilt. I gotta go do something about that! I feel bad for the girls that are trying to sleep up there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blog readers might be interested to note that Sweetie eventually stopped screaming sometime close to 1 am.

Murray