Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Whew! Made It!

Sweetie's escapades lasted until about 1am last night. After I hit "update blog" I went upstairs to see if I could put her out of her misery, errr I mean, help her out. I laid down with her, took her to the rocking chair, sang songs, got her calmed down, put her back in bed, stayed with her for awhile and around 12:30am I thought it'd be safe to actually go to bed myself. Nope. She immediately kicked it back into high gear. I closed her door, closed my door & turned on the fan in our bedroom & went to bed. I could still hear the faint screams and was waffling between exhaustion and guilty conscience for having closed her in her room when I know she hates having her door closed in the dark (in my defence, she DID have a nightlight on...) Murray went in to try & settle her and that didn't seem to do anything for her except drive her screams up to a new height on the feverish pitch scale. She was screaming for me & didn't want anything to do with him and at 1am I gave up & went & got her & she slept with me & Murray stayed in her room.
The rest of the night was fine, until 7:40. Lovey started screaming outside my door because she didn't like her hair down. She wanted it up in Sweetie's signature style "The Drop". Murray's offer to help was rebuffed rather rudely so he abandoned her to her little fit & went to get some breakfast. So that was a lovely welcoming to a new day for me! Once her hair was the way she'd wanted it, everything was fine & Sweetie slept on undisturbed til after 8:30! It's soooooo tempting to drag her out of bed at the regular time, since I don't get to have extra sleep after a night like that but then she's such a miserable cranky spitfire that you'd rather just let her get a little more rest in hopes that she might spare you the rest of the day!


I managed to get through today the best way I know how. Cheating!Luckily it was playgroup day and once we got there, the rest of the day was pretty much taken care of & I just sat there groggy & not very sociable. Getting out the door this morning though was a bit of a challenge since there were a few meltdowns & I was in no mood to be trifled with. Honey had a meltdown when she couldn't find her favourite purple bow clip that she'd had just moments before. We looked for awhile but these things tend to disappear into thin air & only reappear when they feel like it, no matter how hard you search. I wasn't willing to spend an hour on it & she disagreed. I can't remember what else they freaked out over but Honey wasn't the only one crying this morning. Finally we were in the car & got to the safe haven of playgroup.




Dreading returning to the house with them on my own. I begged my friend Yvonne to come with me & bring C&J to play with the girls, thereby guaranteeing a fun filled afternoon and another adult to keep me from losing it. The girls all had a great time playing with the dress up stuff for the most part. Her daughters can print already & one of them wrote out "kokdoff" on the magnadoodle. I had been impressed when I saw them writing their own names, I was floored when I realized not only could they do their names but also ANY letter!!!!! (yes Maggie, I did have a minor panic attack!) We are WAY behind & her girls are only 4 months older than mine! We haven't been working on the right stuff! I haven't structured hardly ANY activities around writing! I've fallen down on the job! Dropped the ball, you name it! But we've got quite awhile before they hit kindergarten so it'll probably all work out.... Anyway, I showed Murray the magnadoodle tonight but he just looked at it and said "bah! what's a kokdoff?" He was totally unimpressed with their spelling I guess! My point was totally lost on him because they hadn't used an ACTUAL real word when printing.


Murray tried to use a pre-emptive strike tonight to avoid Sweetie's wakeful wrath. He took her to the bathroom before she stirred & was able to get her back in bed without her waking at all. Hopefully he's found the trick!

2 comments:

Princess Pameela said...

Hi Kelly, Murray & Family,
One of the things I enjoy most about the blog is the honesty - everything is not perfect all the time. You would be surprised by those who try to lead you to believe same!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My God!!!These are so great! I'm PMS'ing which may be the reason for TEARING-UP when seeing Cece's feet in the princess shoes. Julia' fairy pose is so sweet. Yvonne Evans