Thursday, March 27, 2008

Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures!


anybody else got these swarms of "snow fleas" in their yards???? Yuck!!!!!


We went to gymnastics this morning but Teena & Boo weren't able to make it to class. I knew they'd had car trouble the day before so wasn't surprised. I thought it would be fun to go over & visit them since they couldn't get out & we hadn't seen them in awhile. Unfortunately, Teena's employer felt they needed her more & she had to go in to work. I don't know who was more disappointed, me or the girls! However they bounced back quickly & suggested we visit someone else. Grammie? working. Nanny? also working & too far. GG? couldn't get her on the phone. They were desperate to visit someone!

Them: "who are we going to visit Mumma?"
Me: well, I don't know.
Lovey: well, I guess we can just go home and visit ourselves...
Sweetie: don't we have any friends we can visit??? that's SO sad!!!!


I decided to try a friend from choir whose house I'd only ever been to once, last weekend for our "Easter Eve" party. She was home & willing to let us invade. The kids were thrilled. Her daughter is about a year younger but as luck would have it, also obsessed with princesses. She had princess dress up clothes, princess barbie dolls, princess puzzles and even a princess decorated room! After an hour or so it was close to lunch time so I told them it was time to go home. Sweetie wasn't ready for that, "but I didn't have enough fun yet!"



By the time I got them out of there & home, they were starving! Before I could scramble eggs, they were raiding the pantry, requesting everything they could think of! Once lunch was over they were in better humour & ready to go outside to play.


More fun in the sun albeit a little on the snowy side but I'll take sunshine any way I can get it! Honey was very interested in playing "superhero" and would stand at the top of the snowbank & then charge down in her best hero pose! Then they wanted to be chased so we did that for awhile, then we cleaned up the backyard a bit and eventually came inside to watch "Melody" (aka The Little Mermaid II).


hanging out in the cave of wonders again...


I had choir tonight & we're hard at work preparing for the music festival so it was another long practice. By the end my voice is pretty much shot! It's a rough life, I know.

No comments: