Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Is it STILL winter?????


It would seem that this snow is just not budging (despite strict orders from Old Nanny!). Yesterday however it was super sunny, bright & warm and the temperature was even a few degrees above zero! We played outside for two hours & it was sooooo nice to feel the sun warming my face even if it was a little hard on the eyes with all that glare.

Murray had Easter Monday off so I was expecting Tuesday to be a little rough. I'd had it pretty good for 4 days. I totally slacked off while he was home & read almost 2 entire novels (despite the best laid plans to get started on tagging for the sale!). I was pretty happy that the day wasn't nearly as arduous as I'd thought it would be. We baked cookies in the morning (Flossie cookies & they say it's so when we eat them, we can remember Flossie), had a decent lunch & headed right out with minimal squawking.

They pretended to be baby birds, practiced their flying, looked for worms and were more than a little disappointed when their nest building efforts didn't pan out.


Murray's been playing a lot of hockey this week, this is his 3rd game tonight I think. They're on a big winning streak as the year wraps up so they should finish well. They must have an awfully good defenceman in there somewhere! Not sure how he'll do tonight though, he hurt (sprained?) his hand/wrist. When I got home from bible study tonight, the A535 smell almost knocked me over when I stepped inside! He figures that & some Ibuprofen will fix him up though so we'll see how he makes out with that. This is the last week for ice time in regular season play. Then they have a tournament in a couple of weeks. I believe there might still be a few tickets left for those games if anyone needs any! LOL
Although I haven't actually started preparing any of my own merchandise for the clothing sale, I have been working on the planning & things seem to be coming together well there. I created a facebook event & before I'd even invited any of my own 'friends', over 40 people had found it & RSVP'd to attend. Now that I've told all my 'friends' and they've told all their 'friends', over 600 people have gotten invitations. Gotta love the internet! We can use all the free advertising we can get. Still almost a month to go so I expect the numbers to grow even more.


I finally sat down & finalized my order for our family photos. Shooter Shelley is sending it in with another customer's order this week so hopefully we'll have something to hang in the living room in a few weeks. I can't wait to see them in print! This will probably be the fanciest bit of decorating in the house so prepare to be amazed : )))

No comments: