Sunday, March 2, 2008

The House That Sick Built

Ack! I've been hit, they finally got to me! I'm not suffering nearly as much as my poor girls & hopefully will kick it soon so I have a little more energy to deal with the situation here. Honey & Lovey have coughs that sound terrible. Yesterday Honey was so tired out that she went to bed at 4:30 and didn't even have any supper. The other 2 were toast & in bed by 6:30. Honey woke up around then and had a fever of 103ยบ so I broke out the Tylenol meltable tablets, or as we like to promote them "rocket medicine" since they look like the candy you get at Halloween. She still wasn't too keen on them but we got her to eat 2 out of 3 before she puked all over so we gave up on that. Luckily the fever came down on its own. Other than that, Honey & Lovey didn't have too too bad a night but Sweetie wasn't feeling well at all.



I felt bad for her because this time she was obviously just sick & not being difficult. At one point she was whimpering & told me "I'm trying not to cry Mumma but my tear just fell out!" I told her it was ok & she could still get her penny because I knew she was a good girl. She also got sick to her stomach at one point and was a bit warm too. We took turns getting up with the various requests through the night & it seemed like there wasn't an hour that went by that someone wasn't having trouble with something. Eventually Sweetie ended up in our bed & Murray went to sleep in her room. She was a bit restless and liked to make sure I was close at hand by digging her heel into my side every now & then. Nice to feel needed I guess!



Knowing I wasn't feeling too great & that I'd been up many times also, Murray decided to let me sleep in this morning & I didn't surface til 9am! We didn't want to take the kids to church this morning so he even offered to stay home with them & let me go. Since I'm sure I'll be getting all the "fun" tomorrow with nowhere to run or hide, I decided to take advantage of the escape while I could.



A visit to my parents seemed like a bad idea too so we spent the afternoon at home. Sweetie was complaining of being hot again and was crying and begging for a cold bath so I put her in the tub. By the time we got down there she was cold so we were able to have regular water temperature! Murray took the opportunity to get some fresh air & worked on the driveway some more. This snow is unreal! and more coming Wednesday? are you SERIOUS?!?!?!



Once the kids had gotten all cleaned up, they watched another movie (my tv aversion goes out the window at times like these!) and I read some more of my book. After awhile Sweetie came and curled up with me on the couch and snuggled in with a blanket & looked like she could really use a nap. I suggested we go into her room & cuddle there & she was asleep in no time. I drifted off for a few minutes myself it was so warm & cozy. She had a good rest and joined us for a bit of supper, not that any of them really ate much. They all went to bed quite well & I'm hoping they get some good rest & we see more improvements before Murray has to leave us for work tomorrow!

No comments: