Friday, February 29, 2008

Two In A Row!

Ahhhh sweet sleep!! Sweetie graced us with another quiet night. I was soooo happy with that, yet inexplicably, was still feeling exhausted when I woke up. There's some nasty cold business going around the house so Murray thinks my immune system must be maxed out fighting that. If she has a good night, we've been giving her a penny in the morning. So far it's only cost us 2¢ but so far tonight's looking good... (knock on wood)


I was doing my usual Friday clean up when Mumma phoned to say she'd be arriving earlier than usual. I was more ready than most weeks when she arrived, but it still took me a half an hour to get out of the house after she got here. I had a great afternoon & hit the bank machine, the dollar store, the bulk store & got groceries too. Sweet Friday afternoons, Mumma, you're too good to me!!! (although I did treat her to a loaf of bread and some maple filled cupcakes!)


Honey's not feeling well today and has spent most of her time sleeping. She's spiking a bit of a temp but nothing over 102ยบ yet... She took some Tylenol earlier today but when I tried to give her more at bedtime she was totally against it. I managed to coax her into eating 2 out of the 3 tablets but all to no avail as she gagged and puked them all up. Lovey's got a bad cough too so she'll probably be out of it soon too.



Since Honey was out of commission, that left Sweetie & Lovey to their own devices as I did laundry, vacuumed & mopped. They played incredibly well together, sharing & not one bit of fighting! They even worked well together on a joint endeavour. Unfortunately their mission was to pester their sick sister trying to have a nap in the LaZboy! Why is it that even when they're doing something good, it still has an evil tinge to it??





As you can see, one dress was a little more popular than all the others. Why do you suppose that is? It's the one that Weaze wore to our wedding & I showed them a picture of her from that day. She was only 3 years old & they were fascinated by her as a little girl. Lovey won out & got to wear it the rest of the day but Sweetie has put a reservation in for its use tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!!! A penny a day for a year is less han four bucks - totally worth it! :)

Take care,
Kara

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got a little sleep at last! Heather and Art are here on a visit He has come down with the flu,--been really sick in bed --up and around a bit yesterday and today. What a way to spend your holidays in Fla.!! Heather starting to feel a bit off tonight nand they leave on Fri. Isn,t that the worst lucK? Guess who will be next????? Cute girls in dresses! Have you heard anything how Shania is doing? Is she still at Scott's? Luv, O.N.