Tuesday, February 26, 2008

oh whoah whoah Sweeeeeeet Chillllld of Miiiiine



Ohhh this girl!!! What are we going to do with her?!?!? We've had some success with Murray's 10:30 potty run. Instead of waiting for her to stir & need to go, we take her while she's still in a dead sleep. Sometimes it works but the last couple times it hasn't. One night I was late & it was already close to 11pm. Of course she's mad to be in the bathroom in the first place so we're off to a great start. After she does her thing, I pull her pants back up. Immediate screaming ensues. I WANT TO DO IT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!! Okaaaaaaay fine. You handle your own drawers then! Whatever. Just go back to bed. She kept up her tirade for an hour before finally winding down. THEN she managed to get herself fired back up around 3am for another half hour. Who has that much energy in the middle of the night????


One other night after Murray took her to the bathroom she was furious with him and started demanding that she wanted the pee BACK IN!

The fits are just as glorious during the day too. I was upstairs trying to get supper together and she starts crying for a drink of water (because I'm a cruel mother & NEVER let them have beverages...). I remind her that she forgot her water cup downstairs.


S: I want COLD WATER!

K: fine, bring me your cup & I'll get you some cold water

S: I'm too scared to go downstairs (more crying & high pitched screaming and whining)

K: ask one of your sisters to go with you?

S: NO!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT MY SISTERS. I WANT SOMEBODY ELSE!!!


Realizing I'm wasting more time arguing about the ^%#@ cup than just helping her get it, I take her downstairs and quickly see the cup over by the couch. I go pick it up & bring it over to her.


S: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I WANT to get it MYSELF!!!!!!!


Now really annoyed, I drop the cup at her feet & turn around to head upstairs.


S: NOT THERE! I WANT TO GET IT BY THE COUCH!!!!!!!!!


I'm outta there, she's totally driving me around the bend. Not content with my exit, she chases me upstairs screaming her headoff about the cup, making sure I don't miss a brainscalding moment of her tirade. Imagine her confusion and frustration when I crack up! I'm trying to be serious & ignore her but I can't stop laughing my head off. The ridiculousness of it all!!!!

And you know what? She LIKES to have these fits. She tries to drag them out, she tries to make herself cry as long as she can. She has even started to try to instigate them!!! The girls all take a cup of water to bed with them but I try to discourage guzzling, especially with Lovey who won't wake up when she needs to pee. So, I started calling it "two-sip water", as in, have 2 sips and then take a break instead of chug a lugging the whole thing. This was all fine, they all called it two sip water for a long time and then we just sort of dropped it. Last week, at bedtime, Sweetie asks "Mumma, is this..... two sip water?" with a note of pride in her voice at remembering the name of it. I quickly congratulate her on her good memory & tell her that's exactly what it is.

S: Noooooooooo! I DON'T WANT TWO SIP WATER!!!!!

The little turkey SET ME UP! She totally wanted me to tell her she was right, just so she could have a freak out!! I decided to head her off & quickly backtracked and told her it was just plain old water but it didn't do any good. She wanted the two sip water out & new water in. We were disinclined to acquiesce to her request! ; )

It's just tantrum city with her lately! It's so frequent that the first episode of the day has me gritting my teeth and my temper flaring. Last night the early potty run went smoothly. However she woke up again later on and I was already in bed asleep so Murray went to help her out. BAM! It's tirade o'clock. His offense? He wasn't me. She didn't WANT HIM to take her to pee she wanted MUMMY TO DO IT!!!!!! It takes awhile to sink in, especially since I've closed our bedroom door & have the fan running its nice white noise at top speed. However, I finally rouse from sleep, take her to the bathroom, only to blunder by not noticing her nightie hanging behind her and it dipping in the toilet. So she says. I check the nightie and can't find anything wrong or wet. Knowing she's going to insist on an exact replacement of the same nightie, I immediately concede defeat and go back to bed. Or at least, that's what I assume happened as I barely have any recollection of the incident at all & didn't remember it until Murray mentioned it tonight.

As if Sweetie's night rages weren't enough, Lovey was also having some sort of problems last night. Not nearly as mentally draining but I still got woken up & had to go in and check on her at least 3 times!!! Murray was having major coughing fits and decided to sleep downstairs so he wouldn't bother me and missed all the action. Maybe I should sleep downstairs tonight so he can rest comfortably in his own bed.... ; )))



Sorry to harp on the same subject over and over but some of these episodes are just too funny not to record somewhere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooo... you have pretty much sealed the deal. I'm sending Bo to your house when he turns three since you have the tantrums down pat ;P