Monday, February 25, 2008

Pish Posh Tish Tosh

We had an awesome day today! Flowergirl's still in town & she suggested coming to see us. We picked her up before lunch & we got to spend the whole afternoon with her. It's a rare treat to have her all to myself and get all the updates on what she's been up to. I did have to share her with three other little fans, all vying for her attention though!



A friend is bringing her daughter over this weekend to get pictures done & I was a little nervous about the lighting in the living room for the time of day I suggested. I always second guess everything! Since Flowergirl was here at that particular time of day, I decided to take advantage to test out my set up. Anyway I think it all went fine & the timeslot on Saturday should be ok. I'm sure I'll find lots of other things to worry about instead before then though! Flowergirl was very patient with all my testing & posed for quite awhile as I tried different angles and stuff.






The girls had a great time with our friend! They had more "secret" meetings which they decided would be held at the farm & so dragged out alllllllll the stuffed animals they could find and then discussed I don't know what all! All 4 girls were VERY into it though and it all seemed quite serious so I left them to it. They couldn't get enough of her & I know what that's like! I had to lure them away from her to do the pictures by turning on the TV. LOL It has its uses : )))

these 2 little turkeys got into my clean laundry and decided to try on some stuff!
I can't believe my flowergirl is in university! It dawned on me today that the visits with her will become more and more rare now that she's away at school. I normally got to see her whenever we were at the cottage. She lived near that area & would come spend several days with us. We still chat on MSN & keep up to date through Facebook with pictures and whatnot but it's not the same as being with her. Between her sports & now summer jobs, there won't be any more hanging out at the cottage and eventually, she won't have summer vacations or March Breaks at all and I am really going to miss those visits. Not only do I get to live vicariously through her exciting life, she's an incredibly special girl who means so much to me! So I soaked up every minute I could today, drilled her relentlessly on all aspects of her life that I hadn't been filled in on for awhile and then reluctantly took her home when she had to go. How on earth am I going to survive my own children leaving if it's this hard to let my flowergirl go????????





Luckily my girls are still a long ways off from being all done with me, although I hear it happens earlier and earlier these days but I think I'm safe til at least age 8.

I lost track of how many outfits we went through today, and that was in the morning before we went to pick up Flowergirl!


No comments: