Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fishing Season Just Opened





Well apparently it did for us! Since I had bible study tonight, I knew I wouldn't be going for a walk when I got home. Instead, I talked the kids into a stroller ride so I could get a bit of exercise at least. As we were leaving, Honey says "let's pretend the stroller is our canoe!" Then they spotted some sticks in the snow & got me to fetch them for them (arf!) and start pretending that all the puddles are lakes & that the sticks are their fishing poles. They were "catching fish" left right & centre. Halfway through the expedition, Sweetie changed her mind & decided her stick was really a paddle & she was working hard to steer the boat.


This morning we went to playgroup and had loads of fun there. So much so that they weren't ready for the good times to be over. They really wanted C&J to come over (as they sometimes do) and they were open to coming but Yvonne had other stuff to do so they took a raincheque. My girls were really disappointed and kept asking who we could have over so they could play with someone. Sweetie was stomping her feet and I asked her if she was disappointed. After that I must have heard "I'm very disappointed no one's coming to visit us" 47 times!


Also on the way home in the car, Sweetie says: what does "compassionate" mean?? I have no idea where she heard this. I assume it's in one of the books Murray reads but it seems like a big word for preschool reading material. I explained what it was & asked where she heard it but she didn't know. Murray didn't either when I asked him later. Another one of the little mysteries around here!
Before we went home, I took them to the Dollarstore to get some new sunglasses for Sweetie & Lovey. Theirs had gotten broken & the glare off the snow lately is killer! We picked out some new ones and then I let them get a little bag of chips to eat in the car since we were pretty late getting back for lunch. That was pretty exciting stuff for them! Lovey picked the exact same ones she had before but Sweetie's peachy orange ones were sold out. She chose these instead.
At the rate they break these, $1 is about all I'm willing to invest for a good long while I think. Also, heaven help us when they have to get real eyeglasses!!! (we figure between Murray & my poor vision, they're bound to need them too)

No comments: