Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You Reap What You Sow

the girls doing their own photography again! Honey did the shot above & Lovey got the one below

It was a foggy rainy day here & I didn't feel like going out into that misery so instead I thought we could get a start on a little gardening!

We had a little visitor while we were working... Lovey's pet ladybug, named "Wing-ah"
They are hilarious when Wing-ah shows up! They squeal with delight, trying to hold it as the poor thing desperately tries to escape! They love watching the bug move around, seeing where she goes and are always disappointed when she doesn't want to stick around for long! Of course it could be a few different ladybugs but I haven't told them that!


They happily mixed up their dry dirt with some water and filled their little planters. I had seeds in the cupboard but some are so old, I'm not all that hopeful that they'll ever sprout. We may have to repeat this with some fresher ones.


Lovey planted 2 colours of Morning Glory & peas & beans.
Honey was partial to the purple Morning Glory & maybe did one section with beans.
Sweetie did one section of morning glory & 3 sections of PEAS! That girl & her vegetables!
Watering was also a big hit. I was over at the counter doing something when I saw Sweetie wielding the watering can but she was pretty steady & didn't have any trouble. Then they all wanted a turn of course.

Everyone also did some sunflowers & for the heck of it, I threw in some seeds Murray had gotten me one year for Christmas. Since they're almost 10 years old, I don't expect to see any basil, oregano or chives any thyme soon. hee hee!!!

No comments: