Sunday, May 25, 2008

Progress & Nephewless






The girls & I went to church this morning, leaving Murray in charge of Mr Bojangles. They made out fine here & the girls were great in church (I don't sit with them as I'm in the choir). They went with cousin C and were on their best behaviour!


When we got home we noticed tools & scaffolding in the driveway!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!! Joel came back & he brought an electrician!!! They got all the wiring done & we have 3 electrical outlets, one overhead light, lightswitches & wiring outside for a doorbell & two lights!!!! They also got the closet framed in & all the insulation & vapour barrier done. Verrrrrrrrrry exciting development! I phoned him a couple weeks ago to try & put the pressure on to get back here & finish but I wasn't sure how succesful that was. As he was leaving tonight he said "see you in the fall!" which I quickly scowled at & said NO WAY! His wife is also pressuring him to have it finished up by mid June so I'm holding out some hope that we are going to have a usable entryway SOON.


Mr. Bojangles continued to be entertaining for the girls and we really enjoyed having him! Andrew asked us if it made us want another little baby. I can't imagine going back & starting allllllllll over again. I think people who have their kids all spread out over several years are doing it all wrong. That's just crazy! back to diapers? no way! back to middle of the night feedings? why???? baby proofing? too lazy! He was cute & a lot of fun to play with & cuddle but it didn't give me any yearnings or set my clock ticking. I got my baby fix, maybe even OD'd when the girls were infants!


No comments: