Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wandering in the woods...

A casual weekend here! Murray took the girls shopping for my mother's day present but only Honey & Lovey wanted to go. Sweetie felt it would be more special for her to stay home with me and the cartoons that were on tv!
The girls came back with two bouquets of flowers, one red & the other was....... can you guess???? YES! PURPLE!!!!!!!! : )



After lunch we went for a walk in the woods but Sweetie didn't really feel up to the "walking" part and insisted on being pushed in the stroller. Murray felt it would be less painful to push the stroller through the dense underbrush than listen to her whine & scream the whole time.


We actually got quite a ways further than we've ever gone on our family walks before. If it wasn't for the rough terrain, I'd say the stroller would be a good idea all the time! Honey & Lovey mostly ran & Lovey had a great time being the trailblazer this week. She got to pick the direction whenever there was more than one path. She found that quite exciting and really kept her pace up to ensure her lead position!


awwwwww! sisters forever!!!!!!!


While Murray had the other two out shopping, I decided to tackle our oven. It has been terribly neglected for longer than I can even remember. Now it is practically crud free! I ran out of cleaner before I got the whole thing coated though so I still have to do the racks when I get some more stuff..... someday....


Saturday evening Murray & I went out to a fundraising dinner at the church. Murray scored some more salmon although with his cold, he couldn't taste a thing so it was sortof wasted on him. A bunch of the kids from youth group performed their pieces from the music festival for our entertainment. One of the girls did a number from the Sound of Music, woohoo!!


We were verrrrrrrrrry lucky to have a new babysitter! actually a sitter in training. She hasn't had many jobs yet but wants to get started so her mom came with her & they did great. Luckily Honey was able to tell them everything they were doing wrong & keep everyone in line. "I don't sink we're supposed to do that" .... "Mumma's not going to like that!" .... "We can't go outside after supper!" When we got home, Susan laughed and said that she'd apparently broken all the rules. The girls enjoyed the new people anyway though so it all worked out. Susan got them to get out their paper & crayons and they made me a whole bunch of Mother's Day cards which I had no clue about until I peeked in on Sweetie the next morning. She blinked her eyes open, saw me & said "Happy Mother's Day! don't forget to look in the mailbox!"



No comments: