Thursday, May 15, 2008

The week in review...

a few pics from Mothers Day...






Ok so I skipped a few days! (or maybe no one noticed????) It's been a busy week! On Monday we had some visitors. A friend brought her kids over for pictures but it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. My backstands weren't cooperating so I didn't have my "studio" set up when they arrived. While they waited, Fisher had a chance to check out the toys & see that the girls were watching tv downstairs. That pretty much was the end of getting her to sit for portraits! Joni's older son, Hunter was more cooperative & I was able to get more of him, however, Fisher would NOT let us pose the two of them together so we may have to reshoot in a more boring location! :) Once we relieved her of her modelling duties, she was quite content and had a blast playing outside.



On Tuesday Sweetie had her hearing recheck appointment. I thought that the first time, there had been too many distractions that caused her not to pass the screening. Unfortunately, it seems there may actually be a bit of a concern. Even with just one thing to work on (last time they weighed her, measured her height, did an eye test, asked me a bunch of questions etc before starting the hearing part) she wasn't able to hear some of the lower tones. I can't imagine it could be anything serious with the way that girl can repeat anything we say AND correct any mistakes in pronunciation her sisters make. She's been referred to an audiologist at the hospital so we'll have another appointment there to see what the deal is. Whatever it is, it doesn't really seem to give her any problem or limit her understanding or speech so we're not concerned at this point.

About an hour or so before we were supposed to leave, Sweetie came running up to me and said "Mumma, can I start getting ready to go????" It's funny how keen they all are for any individual outings! She was willing to do anything I told her needed done before we could go. She had her clothes on, hair brushed, bed made, shoes on, coat on, Bunny ready with only minor suggestions from me. Here we are, on our way out, saying "See ya later!" She was just grinning ear to ear & was so anxious to get going!


The rest of Tuesday was pretty busy getting ready for the multiples group meeting/party that I organize each year after Mothers Day. I brought all sorts of food, got quite a few doorprizes and the hostess who kindly offered to have us all over, got some wine and cheese. It was a mighty fine spread and everyone had a good time so I'd say it was a success. I got several nice emails afterwards thanking me for the event which was a nice change! Getting such positive feedback afterwards definitely made me feel appreciated : ) It may have helped that I threatened not to come to the family bbq because I was feeling unloved LOL Quite often people come to things and have very little to say about it afterwards. When I put a lot of work & time into things and no one seems to care, it's soooooo discouraging! Anyway, that certainly wasn't the case this time.
Yesterday was just about THE best Wednesday I've ever had in my LIFE!!! and you know by now how fond I am of Wednesdays in general!!! We had playgroup in the morning as usual & this was fun in itself of course. But then it got better and just kept being awesome the whole afternoon long!!! Yvonne, Teena & I and the 6 girls all went for a picnic at the park! We spread out blankets, had a good feed and then the kids were off playing. The 3 moms sat and talked and talked and talked and the kids played and played and played. The weather was awesome, the girls were all busy and active and running around together and had very little interest in us adults. Before we knew it, it was 4 o'clock! A whole day gone and not one tantrum, fight or any tears at all!!!!! I was so happy with having such a fun, relaxed day with good friends and happy girls with their little friends!! Can it be that the good ol days are here already??????? : )))


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one; I had an awesome day as well. The kids were so low maintenance, the weather so great, and there was food; what's not to love????
Teena