Friday, June 20, 2008

Splash Happy Kids

Old Nanny told them it was important to talk to their plants. After breakfast they insisted on going out to say good morning to them & giving them a drink. (note: Honey isn't really in this picture, I pasted her in from a different photo. Pretty cool huh?)
We gave the pool a test run yesterday and to say it went well would be an understatement! The temp on the surface was at 17ยบ, I tested it at the bottom of the pool & it lost a couple more degrees! I was reluctant to be the first one in, for fear that they would change their minds when they stuck their toes in. I sent them up the ladder ahead of me to test it out. They were a little concerned that it would be too deep & didn't want to climb in without me so my plan was foiled right there. I took the plunge & hoped it wasn't wasted effort. They all got right in and started wading around. The water height seems to be perfect for them and they stayed in quite awhile, except for Sweetie who was freezing in no time. After about half an hour or so, Honey & Lovey retreated too. BUT they wouldn't stay out! They'd get out for a few minutes to take the chill off and then jump back in & play some more. We brought out all the bath toys & their new dive sticks (they sink to the bottom to encourage kids to go underwater) and they played and played. Even Sweetie whose shivering felt an awful lot like convulsions, insisted on practicing her swimming, again and again.

They kept it up much longer than I thought they would. Since I was always moving around, helping them swim, or carrying someone around, I didn't get cold but I come equipped with a little more insulation than most 4 year olds. After an hour and a half they'd had enough & were announcing "I'm FREEZING!" so we packed it in. They definitely loved it & I see the pool getting lots of use this summer!




Honey made several attempts to get a dive stick but couldn't quite work her way to the bottom. She's determined she's going to do it next time though!


Here they are cuddled up on their Uncle Dale beach gear, trying to get warm again. I like how Baby Monkey is cuddling Honey : ))

No comments: