Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rock Climbing Kiddies

Now before Aunt Mandy gets too excited, THIS is about as high off the ground as they're EVER going to get!!!! ; )))

On Friday morning while we were waiting for Grammie, we went for a walk and went to check out the progress on Tulip's new home they're going to build. We'd heard lots of machinery noise for the last few days and decided to have a look. So far they just have a big hole in the ground with stakes marked for the corners of the basement. That wasn't too exciting but the highlight was being able to scamper around like mountain goats on this pile of rocks beside their driveway.
Sometimes it's hard to believe the entertainment value they can find in the ordinary things I don't even notice (unless it makes a good photo prop of course!)
and before you say "oh she got Lovey to pose again!", I didn't! She was just singing or talking about something and I happened to catch her with this beautiful grin. You wait, you watch and sometimes you get a little gem. When that doesn't happen, THEN you pose 'em!! : )))

After the walk I painstakingly worked on a problem I was having with Photoshop Elements that was driving me CRAZY (ok, so not such a long trip for me but definitely irritating nonetheless). My nice "do not copy ©" stamp had disappeared on me and while I was trying to figure that out, a bunch of the other brushes that I use for a multitude of editing tasks, also disappeared! The watermark brush I could recreate but the actual set that comes with the program... not so much. I pored over help boards, tried search after search, perused the so called "technical support" on the adobe site... all to no avail. I ended up having to delete the whole program & reinstall it. Luckily this worked and other than a bit of inconvenience & a bit of time, nothing as lost. I was afraid I'd lose all the cataloguing data I've entered. Each photo I download from the camera gets filed & marked by date & I cross reference groups of files by family, event etc. So if I want to look up a photoshoot I did for a certain family, I just click on their name & it brings up every picture I've ever taken of them & sub categorizes by date. Very handy feature & would be excruciating to recreate. This was all maintained, thank goodness!

So with my obsession with this issue, I had nothing done when Grammie got here! I ended up just running birthday errands & shopping for presents for the girls & fathers' day, grabbed some take out pizza for supper & came home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a little behind in my blog reading due to be eavacuted.

Now that the girls are FOUR!!! We can take them to the CLIMBING GYM!!!!

Can't wait for the next visit to Hfx :)