Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cherubs Strike Again!



































































Our darling cherubs blew the roof off this morning! They sang "Come On Ring Those Bells" like nobody's business. Sweetie was almost doubled over in her efforts to project her voice to the back of the church. They gave it their all and it worked. The congregation heard every word. The people out on the sidewalk heard them and if Old Nanny was still in Florida, I bet she could have heard them, if only faintly ;) Murray's already shut down his computer for the night so I'll have to upload the video footage later. For anyone wanting to see a live repeat performance, they're doing this piece again at the Christmas Eve service. Definitely worth coming out for!






















This afternoon Murray ran out to do some Christmas shopping and was home in an hour. He went to the MALL. He went to WALMART and at least 3 other places. and was home in an hour. That man can speed shop like nothing I've ever seen. Most people can barely get in and out of the Walmart parking LOT in an hour! He says he's not all done though, he's got to go back out to finish up (so.....??? what? another 20 minutes? ;))) I suspect he's actually done a lot of online shopping as I had sent him a few suggested links for me!






















Once he was back, we headed to M&D's for supper. My well mannered & tactful children walked in the house and immediately asked "WHAT'S that awful smell????" Oh well, that's just your dinner! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. At what age do they figure out when NOT to say stuff like that!??!?!?! I still remember Sweetie opening her birthday present (a fancy sundress from Children's Place that a friend from playgroup gave her) and pulling it out of the bag and loudly declaring "I don't LIKE black!"






















Supper, contrary to what my kids' noses thought, was absolute yum! Roast beef dinner is never wrong! They actually ate pretty well and everyone managed to score some dessert and that doesn't always happen, unless Grandad's in charge. Luckily tonight Grammie put him in a time out before he could cause any mischief. ;))












I thought I'd gotten quite a good start on decorating around here, until I got to my mother's. That woman is serious about Christmas! The mantle is done, the village is set up (the lower and the upper villages!), the tree is decked out, the fancy tablecloth is on and there are twinkling lights in glass bowls full of tinsel and pinecones!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hung up some glittery snowflakes and thought I was all that but I see I have some work to do yet. I'm not match for her but I can do a little more yet.






















No comments: