Sunday, January 25, 2009

My turn AGAIN???

Ack! the flu got me again! I can't believe I got the flu TWICE in one month. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning, my tummy feeling those rumbles that you HOPE are not what you think.
But nope. So another day in bed out of commission for me although it seemed to be a milder case than last time and I didn't sleep the whole day but I didn't have energy to do much or eat more than a handful of crackers & a few grapes.




On a positive note, this radical new "diet" has helped me make some progress on my weightloss battle! I've been stuck at 176 pounds since last August and have occasionally crept up to 178 which is just sooooooooooo stupid of me since I had it down to 165 about 2 years ago. How I let this happen, I can't even tell you except to say that I am weak when it comes to chips and other nighttime snacks!

I've been very diligent about going to the gym and I have a sneaking suspicion, although the horror of it will keep me denying it for awhile yet, that I'm turning into one of those "gym" people. You know, the kind that actually LIKE to go there??? I realized this yesterday morning when I'm laying in bed with stomach churning, sure to barf any minute while at the same time wondering if maybe it's not that bed & I'll still be able to make it to my circuit class in a few hours??? I've never liked exercise so I have no idea how this could be happening, therefore, it must not be.

Anyway, as I was saying, I've been putting a lot of effort in burning calories! I shovelled for an hour on Monday, then spent an hour or so at the gym. Tuesday I went for 2 hours in the morning & another hour and a half that evening (whoah! who said that???), another hour on Wednesday, Honey was home sick on Thursday so I skipped that but did 2 hours on Friday, not to mention the running around after kids that I do the rest of the time! and for what? nooooooooo change on the scale. I know there are lots of other things you're supposed to consider and that muscle weighs more than fat but blah blah blah. I want something tangible on the scale readout darnit! I can wear my pre-pregnancy jeans again (almost comfortably even! lol) so that's a good sign but somewhere along the way shouldn't I have seen something slightly better than 176bls or more??????? Nope! Not until I got on the flu flush plan! Yep, on this new system I'm suddenly down to 171. So as long as I keep getting sick every other week or so, I should be back down to 165 in no time! Ok, ok, ok, I know it's not a good long term plan and that 171 is only temporary but I can see how this method would have an appeal for some.

It's 10:30 now and Murray's been in bed for an hour. He's incredibly tired and had a wicked long nap at my parents' place today, right in the midst of the kids playing, running around hollering and Dad reading 47 stories to Honey. He's pretty sure he's next on the flu hit list. Pfffft. Like HE needs to lose weight! ;)

No comments: