Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Monkeys









We had a sighting here in the yard and I'm not sure if there will be more of these coming out of the woods but these are all we've seen so far. They appear to be friendly critters, just scampering around harmlessly and making frequent high pitched tremulous sounds, similar to giggling.















(Lovey's just in for a wardrobe change & back out fast!)







Honey & Murray had a snowball fight, but she had a lot of rules! "Get up Daddy! Come closer Daddy. Don't move. and don't throw any snow at me!"













My friend Nicolle ended up taking the girls' Sunday School class today when there was a miscommunication about whose day it was & neither teacher was there. Afterwards she took the time to tell Murray & I about how impressed she was with the girls' behaviour and it was so nice to hear! We talk a lot at home about manners and behaving and being nice to others, sharing, doing as you're asked blah blah blah, the usual parental yammerings. While they're here, we can hold them accountable, dole out repercussions for infractions but you have to wonder, are they doing this stuff when you're not right there watching them? Even when we are, there are still lapses so who knows if they can hold it together when they're out of sight. It was so encouraging and I couldn't help my heart from filling with pride & happiness as she explained all the positives she sees in our kids.


Afterwards I called them into my room and told them all the nice things Nicolle had told me and it meant a lot to them. They are so eating up the praise these days and often work hard to impress and do well so I thought they should know how pleased we were with them! It was cute to watch their faces as I remained serious as I explained what had impressed her the most and saw the little smiles of satisfaction and their eyes light up. I asked them how they thought that made me feel. Sweetie said "happy????" and I said yes. Then I asked how it made them feel. They said "happy" and "proud". Gotta reinforce that wherever I can!


And since it's Sunday and all, I thought I'd leave you with something that I find very meaningful and moving! Keep it in mind as you go through the week out in the big bad world :) I've watched it dozens of times & just find this message so powerful, especially as a mother of young girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU AND MURRAY ARE SUCH GOOD PARENTS! I,M SURE IT WILL REAP GREAT BENEFITS FOR ALL OF YOU.MAYBE A FEW BUMPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT THATS ONLY NATURAL. GOD BLESS.
I SO ENJOY ALL THESE LITTLE DAILY HAPPENINGS AND IS ALWAYS THE LAST THING I DO BEFORE GOING TO BED.THEY ARE TREASURES FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.LUV, OLD NANNY.

KelMur & Co. said...

thank you O.N.! I know you're checking in daily, as are a few others! On the nights that it's just too late to add anything, I go to bed feeling guilty, knowing that the "regulars" are going to click in and go "ohhhh, nothing new today :(" I hate to disappoint. I really hope this site lasts in the long term, I think they'll really enjoy going back & reading these! I have them all emailed to me too, just in case.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, leaving the regulars with no blog is somewhat frustrating ;)

IM JUST KIDDING :D
LOLOLOLOLOL

- Babycakes (: