Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunny Snow Fun!


We had a great day the other day. We all went to this winter theme day and checked out the activities. There were plenty of things to see and do and the kids loved crawling around on all the stuff made of snow.





The big thing though was trying out the sliding runs. Pretty impressive and I can only imagien how much work went into all this temporary stuff. One good ice rain storm or a sudden warm-ish day with a bit of rain could have ruined everything. Luckily it was all intact when we got there.




A very popular event and we should have gotten there earlier but I just haaaaaaaaaad to go to my circuit class so we didn't get there til almost 11:30 (it started at 10). Some of the lines were long but the straight slides were quicker to get to. It was the twisty run that took them over half an hour to get on.










Look at those smiles! Totally worth every minute! :)





They also had free pony rides so we thought we should get in on those. However after 10 minutes in line, the ponies went on break for 40 minutes. The kids ran into a schoolmate and were happily playing around in the snow so I decided to hold our spot in the line & see how long they'd be content. They stayed & played the whole break. Most people left once they saw the ponies weren't on duty so that put us right at the front. Once they came back, there was hardly any more wait at all. They looooooooved their ride and were so happy! THe hour of standing around was a bit boring though so I don't know if I'd do that again.



Much to my annoyance, my camera froze up (I forgot to tuck it in my jacket while we waited) and this is the only picture I got of the whole pony experience. Ugh!
Around 2:30 we headed for the bathrooms and got to the car a bit before 3pm. A lot of people were leaving around the same time and the place was gridlocked. It took TWO hours to get from the parking lot to the street. OH MY LAND. talk about frustrating. We were all kindof hungry and all I had left in our knapsack was a granola bar & one apple. Sweetie was a bit wet inside her snowsuit & it seemed to make her itchy. which she felt the need to scream about for quite some time. Honey was cranky because she hadn't wanted to leave in the first place. Lovey was the child of the day as she sat in her seat, not even complaining about anything! It was a long two hours but we got to practice my choir songs several times and we can really rock out "A Lord Built House" and "Pray for the People" (those are their two favourites of the 8 on the CD that my choir is working on now).
We were supposed to have supper at Nicolle & Kyle's house and had planned to be there for 4pm. Leaving around 2:30, this gave us an hour and a half for the 30 minutes it should take to get home, pick up the dessert I'd made & drive over there. At 3:40 we had only moved one or two car lengths so I decided I'd better warn them we'd be late. After another hour, I had to phone back again to say we were actually making progress & were on our way! We were so glad to get out of there. Murray's never going back to that place again lol
We had a great supper at their place! We were starving so wolfed down everything they gave us! The kids had a blast playing with their kids and they got to watch a Barbie movie they'd never seen and were very happy campers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow You sure DO get around !!! Pictures of the snow fest very beautiful,but have to confess, I really dont miss it!!Luv, O.N.