Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Popsicles!


Beautiful weather!!!!!!!!!! The girls had school this morning & I decided to skip my early workout at the gym & just do the one class tonight so I had no real plans and just drifted around leisurely checking stuff out. I looked for a dual monitor DVD player because our old one is broken. Walmart has some but they don't look as sturdy as the ones at Crappy T's but those are sold out & discontinued of course! Then I went & browsed around Bulk Barn and I still had some time so I went to Value Village & found some snowpants and lucky for me, all winterwear is half price so although they were initially a bit steep at $6.99, I could handle them at $3.50 :) and the Columbia ones I found on EBay arrived today too so everyone now has decent snowpants to play in and I can ditch the ripped ones and say good riddance and still have a spare pair. The Value Village ones are 6X so they're a bit long in the legs but Lovey had them on today and managed ok but the Ebay ones might be better. I'll get her to try them tomorrow and see. They've got a reinforced seat, knees and cuffs so should be able to hold up to some rugged snow play action!



After school we came home for lunch and I waited for my friend Nicolle to return my call. It's a busy time of year at church and her head is just swimming with to do lists and not enough time to get anything checked off. I offered to bring my kids over to play with her kids & let her go get some stuff done and she thought that would be helpful so we jumped in the car & headed over. I also thought it would be nice if when she got home, supper was ready so I brought some ingredients and supplies. As we pulled in the driveway, someone else was already there! Another friend brought her kids over to play so Nicolle didn't actually get to go anywhere but I did have everyone outside to play for an hour or so and that was enough time for her to get a bunch of her paperwork & email done so she said it was still a big help.

The weather was so nice outside that the kids all got really warm & started taking off hats & mitts & jackets as they got too hot. For a snack they asked for popsicles to cool off and they all devoured them easily! Not very often we find ourselves wanting a frozen treat outdoors this time of year and they sure enjoyed it :)


They also really enjoyed the fort & monkey bars they had there. They were constantly trying them but with slippery wet mitts, it was tricky and they kept throwing them off. This didn't seem to improve their technique much as kept falling off. Luckily the snow is pretty high & there's not much of a drop anymore!
We got home a bit late but Murray decided to let me off easy this time since I showed up with supper already made :) (I brought half of what I'd prepared at Nicolle's home for us).
I went to my circuit class tonight & it was brutal! I'm still having trouble catching my breath & if I inhale too deeply, it sets off a coughing fit so I have to be careful. The regular instructor is away building a school or something in Belize and the gym manager guy filled in. Apparently he must not have been too happy about it & took out his frustration on us. Normally the exercises are a minute at a time. They're usually hard but a minute is tolerable. This guy decides everything should be 2½ minutes and waaaaaaaaaay harder stuff. I'm pretty sure sitting is going to be a problem tomorrow! and I'm exhausted now so gooooooooooooooooooooodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blur

Pasta man