Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eaten Alive, Eaten Alive Ooh Ooh Ooh



We took Murphy for a walk after supper and the girls found a million flowers to pick. Unfortunately, every time they stopped, a million blackflies found us! Blech!




Honey found this bobber thinger on our canoe trip last weekend and has been asking all week to make a fishing rod out of it so I found some fishing line & she got her stick and voila, she's good to go. (unless she actually wanted to catch a fish, then there'd be more required, like a hook maybe)





and when we got home things turned ugly. These unruly brats had to be brought into line so I took a page out of Jeff Foxworthy's book and tried out some redneck babysitting techniques!

Lovey had found an old roll of packing tape in the woods and brought it home. Sweetie tried to use it on one of her projects but the *&$^ roll wouldn't work properly as the tape had all gotten wet & then dried out and just splintered off as I tried to peel it. Finally I got a bit of it going and proceeded to wrap them up instead.



They went WILD. Mumma Mumma why are you taping me? Oh no! Stop! No, don't get me! Ohhhhhhhh, Helllllllllllllllp! ........... Can you give me some more????? LOL They were shrieking and giggling so hard it was impossible not to laugh with them.

I think the fact that MUMMY of all people, was WASTING something was what sent them over the edge. (for anyone who doesn't know, I'm what you might call ummm a bit thrifty so I'm not known for frivolous wasting). They kept saying it over and over, "but Mumma, you're wasting it!" Since it was totally shot anyway, I only felt mildly guilty about this misuse of supplies. I'm sure this will stand out in their memories for years! "remember the time Mumma WASTED a whole roll of tape to wrap us up????????????" LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the taping... see you soon!

Murray

KelMur & Co. said...

if you'd been here, maybe I wouldn't have had to resort to such drastic redneck tactics! ;))))