Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Progress!


Things are really shaping up on the playhouse platform! Dad's been here almost every day for the last week and he's gotten so much done. All the support posts are on, levelled and most of the floor joists are bracketed in place. Now if you'll notice, the side decking boards are also on. Let me just say I am a screw gun wizard! Dad let me loose with those and I didn't break any! The girls have no idea what this is all for and are still speculating and are enjoying "assisting" Dad as he tries to get stuff done.

I had an exciting morning! Shooter Shelley & I went downtown to practice some shots. I wasn't sure if I was properly exposing my shots as they all seemed dull as dishwater half the time. It turns out I do know what I'm doing and just need some more photoshop skills to give them that punchy colourful look I see on the fancy sites! There's also some creative elements I need to work on for framing shots & composition etc. For now I'll worry about nailing down the technical stuff. I've got my eye on this course for the fall to learn more about post processing photos in Photoshop. If the kids are going to school, I should be doing something constructive too right?

No comments: