Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hittin' the trails!

I think they may have been overtired from yesterday's whirlwind of activity and company because they were wild in church this morning, wouldn't sit still in their seats, were belting out the introit and Sweetie tried to get the Sunday School leader in trouble by complaining that Nicolle hurt her! Murray picked them up and totally knew they were up to no good as soon as he set eyes on them and assured her he wasn't concerned. We talked to them in the car on the way home about their less than stellar behaviour and they didn't say boo, just sat silently in their seats the whole way home with a sortof dejected look on their face. They knew the jig was up and they were busted. They had a blast while it lasted though. I was in the choir loft, staring and glaring and signing to them to sit down, be good etc and they'd get the message for a minute but then fly into giggles and be twirling around in the pews etc. I could see them just feeding off each other's crazy energy and was tempted to hop over the railing and go help Murray reign them in!









After church today, we came back home for lunch and then decided to take Lovey & Sweetie for a bike ride down on the walking trail for a change of scenery. Well what a lot of bother for nothing! LOL





Despite the happy grins here (photos don't always tell the whole story!) it was a lot of whining and crying. They fell behind, couldn't get the bike going, Lovey got blisters, Sweetie had some other issue and about 20 minutes into the ride, Murray ran back for the car & drove to meet us. One block over from where we'd started!









is he a good dad and a good sport or what? that's some manly pocket decor!


On the drive to Grammie & Grandad's, they couldn't stay awake. I can't remember the last time they had a nap in the car....





On the way home I played with settings on my camera & discovered how to boost the saturation and sharpness and some other neat stuff. Sweetie doesn't have a raging fever, that's just me messing with those camera features! (I think I've since found a happy medium though)

Honey really enjoyed her sleepover. The girls called her after lunch to see how things were going and they all asked each other "did you miss me/us????" and they all answered yes. Then Honey said "I've been thinking about you guys today...." When I was tucking her in tonight I said I was glad she'd had a great sleepover and she cut me off with "BETTER than great Mumma!"

No comments: