Saturday, May 30, 2009

Have Beans, Will Travel!


Since Grammie & Grandad were in town today & we'll be going up there for supper tomorrow, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get a sleepover in and Honey was more than willing to cash in. I mentioned it to her privately as I didn't want the other two to go into hysterics in front of the guests if they were upset about this development. I told Honey not to tell anyone what the plan was. So she promptly went into the kitchen and said "Sisters! Mummy just told me about something!" Technically honouring my request but opening a can of worms at the same time. Smooth operator! I changed the subject and got them onto something else but all afternoon, Honey kept asking "can I tell my sisters NOW????????"

Then we got home from our walk, had the silly fest (see pics in post below), got pj's on, teeth brushed, read stories and no Grammie & Grandad yet and it was already half an hour past bedtime with a longish drive to get to their house.... we started preparing her that maybe their bbq had gone later than they expected and she might have to wait and go another time. She was disappointed about this possibility but just commented that "maybe they didn't know their party would be so long!)

We were just starting the final bathroom run when the car pulls in! The sleepover is saved!!!!!! Honey was thrilled! She got her stuff and was out the door in record time. Her sisters went outside to say goodbye, I love you, goodbye, hug, hug, kiss long drawn out departure!



When we were tucking Lovey & Sweetie in, Lovey got upset and started crying in her bedroom. She didn't want to sleep in her room alone and was upset about that. Sweetie was out of her bed like a shot. "Lovey, I'll sleep in Honey's bed!" and she settled right in without a fuss!

No comments: