Monday, May 25, 2009

Welcome Wagon!



Murray had a work trip recently and the girls & I had to fend for ourselves for a few days. We survived but everyone missed Murray lots! Every day, several times a day "I miss Daddy" was heard. Usually at meal time and bedtime, especially story time! Murray reads to them every night while I clean up or goof off and apparently they have QUITE the system that I've yet to master! The reader has to sit in a chair that is positioned and angled JUST so and a bunch of other rules they tried to teach me :)


They were very anxious for the arrival day to come and asked how much longer it would be several times and looked forward to meeting him at the airport. They decided to make signs and I printed them on the computer and they coloured and decorated them. Lovey & Honey wanted theirs on sticks like flags.
Everyone that saw us walking through the airport had these big "awwwwww isn't that sweet" smiles on their faces. One man standing next to us at the window commented to his friend "gee, I never got a welcome like THAT before!"

Finally Daddy's plane landed and the passengers started coming in, he must have been seated towards the back as it took awhile for him to come in. He spotted them and their signs right away!
We are so glad to have him home!!!!!!!!!

No comments: