Monday, August 3, 2009

Missed A Day!


Looks like I skipped over Saturday's activities! Oopsie! Everything's such a blur around here, who can keep track????


My circuit class was cancelled on Saturday so we took the girls to see the new Veggie Tales movie that's out and then ran some errands while we were out and got home in time for lunch. The girls enjoyed the movie & it was cute to hear all the kids singing along to the theme song in the packed theatre.



It was another sunny day so everyone jumped in the pool! Murray & I took turns mowing the lawn and keeping an eye on the kids swimming. By the time I'd mowed an hour and a half, I was more than ready for a cool dip! I didn't even get half the lawn done but I think I made up for missing my class!


Once I'd gotten cooled off I went in to prepare a feast! We had bruschetta appetizer, then seared scallops with herb & garlic orzo and asparagus, corn on the cob and berry bliss cake for dessert!


It was still nice after supper and the girls wanted to get out the jumper and they bounced around in that for awhile. They've grown so much since they got that 3 years ago! While they were doing that, Murray got a little bonfire going. I was inside working up a new profile pic for the photography forum I'm on. There was a time limited offer for bonus points if you were one of the first twenty to put up a new one. I got Murray to snap a few for me then ran inside to work some photoshop magic and upload it. I made it in, whew! When I came back out, Murray had gotten the fire going with a little help from a shot of gasoline. With all the rain, the twigs & branches I'd cut down were a bit on the damp side. He sure fixed that! The kids were quite impressed by the "WHOOOOOSH!"

I had picked up a package of some colour stuff and it made these really cool green flames! Pretty neat. It recommended throwing in 2-3 packages but I wasn't sure it would really do much so I only got one but I'll have to splurge next time :)


Sweetie's blanket was a little too close when a spark popped out and singed her blanket. She instantly burst into tears and started wailing. This was the baby quilt that Mum made for my baby shower so she's had it literally FOREVER. It was very upsetting to have it scarred like this. Mumma, got any scraps of this material left that we could patch it with???

The kids had a wonderful day, they played outside for hours with us and got to stay up late doing cool stuff. What more could we ask for????

No comments: