Friday, March 26, 2010

Family Night at School

The kids' school had a family night and depending on what grade your child is in, you send in different items for the games/events.

So lucky me, kindergarten students bring cakes! So I made three cakes in 2 days and brought those into the school. That was some tricky icing work! Although I admit, the 3rd one was not fancy. I iced it and threw smarties on top. Lame, I know, and although I felt guilty for copping out initially, after the night was over, I was glad!
The cakes were for a "cake walk". The kids walk around chairs, musical chairs style and when the music stops everyone grabs a seat. The nice part was that there were enough chairs for all the kids and there was no pushing & shoving. The chairs were all numbered and they drew a number to give a cake to. Ok so now the bad part. They had tonnes of cakes!!! My cakes were all in cardboard boxes, at the back of the table & at the bottom of piles that were 3 & 4 cakes deep! I peeked in to see how things were going through the evening and was dismayed that no one had picked my cakes. NOT ONE! I went to round up the kids to force them to play another round of "cake walk" but no one was really interested. They wanted to play more games that won little prizes to play with. I had to let it go and hope the cakes weren't tossed in the trash at the end of the night. Surely someone would want it???? I was tempted to stay to the end and just take them home but that might be considered rude!

The girls enjoyed the jello eating contest, which surprisingly enough, Lovey did NOT win! I had my money on her for fastest sweet treat eater but someone beat her out!

Another big hit was the spin and win candy wheel. Candy galore, woohoo!!
Grandad will approve of this event but might want to start some lessons as prize winning was a bit on the random side!


The girls had a great time playing all the stuff and picked up some fun prizes. They got tired after awhile so we didn't stay all the way to the end. It was cute to see them excited about the event and we ran into a lot of their classmates throughout the evening.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful Cake Kelly...as usual:) You are an "artiste"

KelMur & Co. said...

thanks! I looooooooooooove cake!!!!