Sunday, March 21, 2010

Letters for Leprechauns

Ok, I think this is my last post about leprechauns so bear with me if this topic is getting old!

They drew these pictures & wrote notes to the leprechaun and sealed them in an envelope and left them by the side door. Every day they would check to see if the leprechaun had gotten his mail. After a couple of days, I got curious and opened them.


Now if you're not used to kindergarten writing, this may be tricky to read. The note above actually begins on top of the leprechaun. "I hop(e) you" and then they ran out of room so you have to go over to the left side to finish the message: "hav a grat tim" (have a great time).

This one reads "Der leprcon I love you" (dear leprechaun)
So do you think they enjoyed the whole St Patrick's day thing or what? Lots to live up to next year, if they're still keen! It was so much fun to watch them play this week and really get into it. There was so much excitement and enthusiasm and they enjoyed themselves so much, it was worth running up and down the road. Also pretty cheap entertainment for $10 and they got lots of exercise and fresh air too. Can't beat that!

No comments: